NYC | Nassau | Suffolk | Westchester | Rockland | Orange | Putnam | Sullivan | Ulster | Dutchess | Historic Tax Maps | Photo's 1936-41 | Help | Other Links | Register to be listed | Legal | Contact Us
Special time dependent product
2003 NYC Lien Sale "60 Day Notice" Database CD-ROM
The published block and lot numbers have been matched with public records
for the experienced real estate investors seeking to locate potentially
below market priced properties in the five boroughs of New York City.
The NYC Lien Sale 60 Day Notice CD-ROM is probably one of the most valuable tools that a property investor can ever hope to purchase. The cd-rom lists the properties, that have been published and listed (by block and lot number) by the City of New York as being in imminent danger of having tax liens sold. What we have done is combine the published block and lot numbers and matched them up with public records so that you, the investor, can quickly determine what properties have been listed, This does not mean that these properties are going to be taken over by the City and nor does it mean that these properties are for sale HOWEVER, experience has shown that these properties are the most likely ones to be sold by the owners, at sometimes lower then normal prices. Besides real estate investors, banks, mortgage brokers and other financial institutions have found this product useful in acquiring new mortgage business. It should be noted that this database is very different from certain published databases of foreclosure properties, in that the properties listed in this database ARE NOT BEING foreclosed on, but rather the City of New York has publicly announced that it is about to sell liens on un-paid taxes or assessments pertaining to the property. This is a very useful investment tool.
The number of records contained in each borough include: 1879 properties in Manhattan, 2469 properties in the Bronx, 7300 properties in Brooklyn, 4071 properties in Queens and and 1476 properties in Staten Island for a total of 17195 properties in danger of having liens in all five boroughs. Of course, it should be noted that historically, less then 20% ultimately have a lien sold. Further, it is possible that the City or even ourselves have made an error. The CD should be therefor used as a starting point in your property investigations and acquisitions. The following is the type of information provided for most of the properties listed on the cd-rom. The red type provides additional information of what is contained in each field. It should be noted that besides the programs that comes with the CD-ROM to view the contained data, many people chose to import the data into their existing programs such as excel and dbase so that they can manipulate the data to a greater extent.
1 ADDRESS Character 31 Property address
3 BLOCK Character 5 Block
4 LOT Character 4 Lot
5 DESCRIPT Character 60 Brief description of the property (garage, vacant land, etc
7 STATUS Character 10 Tells if a property is a coop building or a condo.
8 PROP_CLASS Character 3 State classification code
9 NYC_CLASS Character 3 City code (ie C4, V1 etc) for many properties
11 IRREGULAR Character 1 Indicates if the land size is irregular
12 FRONT_FEET Numeric 6 Land width
13 DEPTH_FEET Numeric 6 Depth of the land
14 LAND_AREA Numeric 9 Estimated land area
15 OWNER Character 25 Owners name
16 OWNER2 Character 25 Tax payers name
17 ADDRESS1 Character 25 Tax payers address (most of the time, the best way
18 ADDRESS2 Character 25 to contact the owner).
19 ADDRESS3 Character 25
20 ADDRESS4 Character 25
21 LAND_VALUE Numeric 9 Assessed value of the land.
22 TOTAL_VAL Numeric 10 Assessed value of the land and any improvements.
23 ASSESSMENT Numeric 10
24 APPROX_TAX Numeric 10 Estimated yearly tax bill
25 TAX_CLASS Character 1 Tax class such as 2 or 4
26 OWNER_1986 Character 22 Besides the current owner, we also provide owner from 1986 (this is provided only for properties located in Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn and Queens). Investors and mortgage providers have found this useful.
27 RESIDENT Character 25 An attempt is made to provide you with the resident and the phone and type of business of the resident or tenant, though this data is subject to inaccuracies and should only be viewed only as a rough guide.
28 PHONE Character 12 Residents phone number
29 BUSRES Character 1 Indicates if tenant is a business or residential
30 BUSINESS Character 80 Type of business (if any)
31 Indicates wether or not the property is eligible for the tax lien sale.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LICENSE
distributor or copyright holder agrees to provide the Client with the
use of a CD-ROM listing information on all or most of the real
property in the
City of New York which together comprises the "NYC Lien Sale 10 Day Notice Database CD-ROM".
2. The Client acknowledges that the NYC Lien Sale 10 Day Notice Database CD-ROM is the copyright of cd-rom writer/compiler.
3. The Client may not copy or store the NYC Lien Sale 10 Day Notice Database CD-ROM in any form or on any media other than provided by licensed distributor or
4. The Client agrees not to distribute, make available, sell or assign the NYC Lien Sale 60 Day Notice Database CD-ROM for gain or otherwise or to install it at any address
other than that hereto agreed without written permission of licensed distributor or the copyright holder.
5. The Client agrees to use the NYC Lien Sale 60 day Notice Database CD-ROM only for the research purposes of the Client or the client's employees.
6. Licensed distributor or copyright holder hereby grants the Client a non-exclusive, non transferable license to use the NYC Lien Sale 60 day Notice Database CD-ROM on a SINGLE PERSONAL COMPUTER. The NYC Lien Sale 60 day Notice Database CD-ROM CD-ROM many not be used on a computer network.
7. The Client acknowledges that the NYC Lien Sale 60 Day Notice Database CD-ROM, software and all copyrights, and other intellectual and proprietary rights therein are and will at all times remain the property of cd-rom writer/compiler.
8. The Client or Clients agent or order agrees not to copy, modify or reverse compile the NYC Lien Sale 60 day Notice Database CD-ROM operating software or data nor commercially exploit the same, nor make it available to any third party in whole or in part. Do to the nature of cd-rom technology and the fact that some clients may have a very limited use for the product (may wish to research only a few records), the Real Property Database cd-rom IS NOT returnable or
refundable under any condition. We will only replace the cd-rom if it is damaged.
9. While all reasonable care has been exercised in ensuring that the information contained in the NYC Lien Sale 60 day Notice Database CD-ROM is accurate, neither the licensed distributor, the copyright holder or any vender related to he distribution of the NYC Lien Sale 60 day Notice Database CD-ROM warrant that the information is accurate. The client shall be solely responsible for the use to which the client puts to it and all results it obtains from the information contained in the DATABASE.
10. Other terms and conditions may apply. Terms and conditions subject to change without notice.
11. The Real Property Database is in a format that is designed to be used on 100 percent IBM compatible computers.
12. The term "Client", "User", "AGENT", "BROKER" and "Buyer" are one of the same.
13. Price is for a one year license. After one year, primary program areas will not function.
14. Photographs, maps and data may NOT be reproduced, under any circumstance.
NOTICE: The information contained on this CD-ROM, was originally published in block and lot form, by the City of New York, described as being a "60 Day Notice" was published on the City of New York Website, also in block and lot form. This cd-rom expands on the published block and lots by matching the block and lots with public records, in an attempt to obtain further information about the property. This CD-rom should only be used as a rough guide. All information must be researched for accuracy, by the user. While every attempt is made to provide accurate information, we are, under no condition, liable for any and all errors which may be contained on the cd-rom. Further, we do not agree or disagree with any statement regarding wether or not the published and public information is accurate or was ever accurate. All information is subject to change without notice. It is up to the user to determine if the information is usable for their needs. Being listed on this database does not necessarily imply that any taxes are owed or that any tax lien has been levied on the property.
by Telephone: (800)